Learning Communities: Professional learning that increases educator effectiveness and results for all student occurs within learning communities committed to:
- Engaging in Continuous Improvement,
- Developing Collective Responsibility, and
- Creating Alignment and Accountability
This podcast explores Learning Forward’s new Professional Learning Standards, focusing on the first standard – Learning Communities.
In learning communities, according to Roland Barth, actions of educators:
- Walking with one another about our practices
- Sharing our craft knowledge
- Observing one another while we are engaged in our practice
- ROOTING for one another’s success
Hord and Sommers share, “As a learning community, ask these questions:
- What are you learning?
- Why are you learning that?
- How are you learning?
- How are you SHARING with others in your school?”