Professional learning that increases educator effectiveness and results for all students integrates theories, research, and models of human learning to achieve its intended outcomes.
Episodes: Learning Designs
- Tag…You’re it!! Teacher Leaders! A Dialogue with Bruce Wellman (Sticky Standards #32)
- It is about GROWTH not GOTCHA! Designing Schools for Meaningful Professional Learning: A Dialogue with Janice Bradley (Sticky Standards #31)
- One Size Does Not Fit All: A Conversation with Pat Roy (Sticky Standards #30)
- The Teacher is a Learner! A Conversation with Nancy Bolz (Sticky Standards #29)
- Learning Designs: Moving from Knowing to Doing – Looking at Student Work, A Conversation with Julie Blaine (Sticky Standards #27)
- DATA: How Do We KNOW Professional Learning is Changing Practice Inside Classrooms? A Conversation with René Islas (Sticky Standards #26)
- How do we Build GROUPS OF THINKERS? Connecting Educator Evaluation Systems and Professional Learning: A Conversation with Toni Prickett (Sticky Standards #25)
- Leadership Matters: A Conversation with Tamara Konrade (Sticky Standards #21)
- Professional Learning in Action: A Conversation with John Heim (Sticky Standards #20)
- Learning Designs: A Conversation with Jill Lachenmayr (Sticky Standards #16)
- Learning Designs: Overview (Sticky Standards #7)
THREE BIG IDEAS
- apply learning theories
- select learning designs
- promote active engagement
Ask Each and Every Person:
- What are you learning?
- Why are you learning that?
- How are you learning:
- How are you sharing with others in your school?
Questions are places in your mind where answers fit. If you haven’t asked the question, the answer has nowhere to go. It hits your mind and bounces right off. You have to ask the question – you have to want to know – in order to open up the space for the answer to fit.